Associée / Paris
Avocate au Barreau de New York
Avocate au Barreau de Paris
Mandataire agréée auprès de l’EUIPO
Assistante : Monica Ferreira
- - Paris Bar – 2005
- - New York Bar – 1997
- - J.D., magna cum laude (Georgetown University Law Center ) – 1996
- - B.A. in law, magna cum laude (University of Pennsylvania) – 1992
Karina Dimidjian-Lecomte has practiced intellectual property law since 2000, with CASALONGA. She has been a partner since 2007.
Previously, she was with a general practice firm in New York and Paris.
Karina advises clients in diverse trademark, design, copyright and domain name matters, including developing and managing trademark and design portfolios. Her practice includes domestic and foreign trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and appeal procedures before the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the French Trademark Office, domain name disputes, counterfeit goods and customs, drafting intellectual property contracts, including license, assignment, technology transfer and coexistence agreements, and conducting intellectual property audits.
She represents clients in diverse industries, including cosmetics, sports and entertainment, publishing, telecommunications and apparel. She is admitted to practice both in France and in New York and is also a representative before the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante (Spain).
Adjunct teaching / Professional organisations
Karina is actively involved in the International Trademark Association (INTA), and will serve as Vice Chair of the Leadership Development Committee for the 2022-2023 Committee term, after several years as Co-Project Team Leader of the Programming Subcommittee. She is also a member of the French Association of Trademark and Design Law (APRAM), of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the New York State Bar Association and of the MARQUES ETMPLP Team (European Trade Mark Law and Practice Team) since 2019.
- - Managing Intellectual Property “IP Stars” Trade mark star (2016-present)
- - World Trademark Review’s Top 1000 trademark practitioners worldwide (2015-present)
- - Who’s Who Legal : Trademarks (2017-present)
- - Recipient, 2009 Volunteer Service Award for the Advancement of the Association, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- - 2008-2014 : Articles “Anti-counterfeiting in the EU” – Trademark Review Anti-Counterfeiting
- - 2005-2006 : Section on European Union Trademark Law – World Trademark Law Report Yearbook
- - 2005 : ECJ Trade Mark Decisions Reviewed – World IP Contacts Handbook
- - 2004 : Trademark Practice & Forms, Chapter on France – Oceana Publications, Inc.
- - May 2018 : “Proper Use of Your Trademark : How to Prevail in Revocation Actions” – INTA Annual Meeting in Seattle
- - 2012-2016 : “What’s Your Name Again ? … Networking to Make a Lasting Impression” – INTA Annual Meeting
- - May 2008 : “Forum Shopping in the EU” – INTA Annual Meeting in Berlin
- - April 2008 : “Considerations for a Career in Trademark Law” – INTA
English (native), French