Partner / Alicante
Attorney-at-law (Alicante Bar)
Agente de la Propiedad Industrial (Spanish Patent & Trademark Attorney)
European Trademark and Design Attorney
Personal assistant : Emmanuelle Hutet
- - IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 lead Auditor for quality management systems – 2018
- - Admitted to the Paris Bar – 1995
- - Master in Trademarks, Patents and Designs (University of Alicante) – 1995
- - Post-graduate degree in Private International Law and International Trade (Paris II University) – 1994
- - Diploma in Public International Law (Institut des Hautes Etudes Internationales) (Paris) – 1994
- - French Language and Civilization (Paris University) – 1993
- - Law degree at the University of Alicante (Spain) – 1992
Cristina is a Member of the Alicante Bar since 1994 and was admitted to the Paris Bar in 1995. She is managing the Alicante Office and became partner in 2015.
Prior to joining CASALONGA in 1999, Cristina worked in the Banking Sector.
Cristina is a European Trademark and Community Design Attorney and Agente de la Propiedad Industrial (Spanish Patent & Trademark Attorney). She is in charge of all legal matters of many international companies in industrial property cases.
Her practice includes domestic and foreign trademark clearance and prosecution; opposition and appeal procedures concerning European Union Trademarks and Community Designs before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante as well as before the Spanish Patent and Trademarks Office; counterfeit goods and customs; drafting IP contracts, including licence, assignment, and coexistence agreements.
Cristina also represents clients before the Spanish courts and the Court of Justice of the European Union in EU trademark and design matters.
She represents clients in diverse industries including the pharmaceutical, medical and chirurgical sectors, as well as clothing, financial services and telecommunications areas.
Adjunct teaching / Profesionnal organisations
Since 2011, Cristina teaches at the European Union Trademark’s Module of the Magister Lucentinus in Industrial Property at the Alicante University.
She is actively involved in the European Community Trademarks Association (ECTA), where she has served as Chair of the Law Committee and Member of the Supervisory Board. She is currently the Vice Chair of the EUIPO-Link Committee and a Member of the Harmonization Committee of the ECTA. She is also active in the International Trademarks Association (INTA), where she has been a Member of the EUIPO Committee, Legislation Committee (Europe) and is currently a Member of the Enforcement Committee. She is also a Member of the Asociación de Antigüos Alumnos del Magister Lucentinus (AAA) and a Member of the Executive Board of the Industrial Property Section of the Alicante Bar.
- - 2004-2014: Section on European Union Trademark Law - World Trademark Law Report Yearbook
- - 2012-2014: Various articles for the China Trademark Association in European Union Trademark Law and practice uptdates
- - 2008-2013: Article “Landmark IP decisions of the European Court of Justice” - Larcier
- - May 22, 2019: "The abolishment of the graphical representation: non traditional- marks" – INTA Annual Meeting in Boston
- - May 20, 2019: TM5 present developments and research on bad faith trademark filings – INTA Annual Meeting in Boston
- - June 16, 2018: "Brexit: consequences for IP rights" – ECTA Annual Conference in Athens
- - November 7, 2017: "New relative grounds, not really new. New absolute grounds" – IP international forum, EUIPO
- - September 23, 2016: "La reforma del sistema europeo de marcas: evolucion no revolucion" – Specialist Seminar on Industrial and Intellectual Property Law in Santiago de Compostela
- - October 15, 2015: "Speak your mind. Public speaking gets personal" – INTA Trademark Administrators and Practitioners (TMAP) Meeting in Alicante
- - June 16, 2013: "Evidence of use of European Union trademarks in the European Union" – Chinese trademark festival, Chinese trademark Attorneys Association Annual Meeting in Dalian (China)
Spanish (native), French, English