Personal assistant : Monica Ferreira
Partner / Paris
Attorney at Law (Paris Bar)
Attorney at Law (New York Bar)
- - Paris Bar - 2005
- - New York Bar - 1997
- - Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. magna cum laude) - 1996
- - University of Pennsylvania (B.A. magna cum laude) - 1992
Karina Dimidjian-Lecomte has practiced intellectual property law since 2000, with CASALONGA & ASSOCIÉS prior to joining Casalonga Avocats. She has been a partner since 2007.
Previously, she was with a general practice firm in New York and Paris.
Karina advises clients in diverse trademark, design, copyright and domain name matters, including developing and managing trademark and design portfolios. Her practice includes domestic and foreign trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and appeal procedures before the Community Trade Mark Office (OHIM) and the French Trademark Office, domain name disputes, counterfeit goods and customs, drafting intellectual property contracts, including license, assignment, technology transfer and coexistence agreements, and conducting intellectual property audits.
She represents clients in diverse industries, including cosmetics, sports and entertainment, publishing, telecommunications and apparel. She is admitted to practice both in France and in New York and is also a representative before the OHI in Alicante (Spain).
Adjunct teaching / Professional organisations
Karina is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) (Leadership Development Committee), of the French Association of Trademark and Design Law (APRAM), of the MARQUES ETMLP Team (European Trade Mark Law and Practice Team) and of the New York State Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section).
- - Managing Intellectual Property “IP Stars” Trade mark star (2016 - present)
- - World Trademark Review’s Top 1000 trademark practitioners worldwide (2015-present)
- - Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks (2017-present)
- - Recipient, 2009 Volunteer Service Award for the Advancement of the Association, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- - 2008-2014: Articles “Anti-counterfeiting in the EU” - Trademark Review Anti-Counterfeiting
- - 2005-2006: Section on European Union Trademark Law - World Trademark Law Report Yearbook
- - 2005: ECJ Trade Mark Decisions Reviewed - World IP Contacts Handbook
- - 2004: Trademark Practice & Forms, Chapter on France - Oceana Publications, Inc.
- - May 2018: Proper Use of Your Trademark: How to Prevail in Revocation Actions – INTA Annual Meeting- Seattle
- - 2012-2016: “What’s Your Name Again? … Networking to Make a Lasting Impression”, INTA Annual Meetings
- - May 2008: “Forum Shopping in the EU - INTA Annual Meeting – Berlin
- - April 2008: “Considerations for a Career in Trademark Law” - INTA
English (native), French