Personal assistant : Bernadette d’Ambrosi
Partner / Paris
Attorney at Law (Paris Bar)
- - Paris Bar examination - 2002
- - Master in law, Paris University Pantheon Sorbonne - 1999
Marianne Gabriel has more than 15 years of experience as a French lawyer specialized in patents, trademarks, Designs and other IP rights litigation.
Marianne became partner of Casalonga in 2010.
Marianne represents clients in all areas of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, designs, copyright, domain names, internet and unfair competition).
She advises French and foreign companies for protecting and defending their Intellectual Property rights in different sectors including chemicals, pharmaceutical goods, mechanics, fashion and consumer goods, in which she handles major patent matters.
Marianne Gabriel has a strong experience in the definition and the coordination of IP strategies, including : the implementation of IP rights protection and defense strategies, asset transfers (audits, due diligence, acquisitions, mergers, etc.), the drafting and negotiation of IP contracts (assignments, licenses, transfers of Know-how, partnerships, confidentiality agreements, research and development agreements, etc.).
She also represents clients in complex litigation matters and defends their rights before the French Courts, where she regularly pleads.
Marianne Gabriel has worked on the most recent drugs cases including supplementary protection certificate.
Marianne Gabriel gives a lecture on pharmaceutical law and drug patents at the University of Paris 8 Vincennes-Saint-Denis.
Marianne Gabriel is member of the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW),the Association des Praticiens Européens des Brevets (APEB), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), the French Association of Trademark and Design Law (APRAM), the French Association of Industrial Property Attorneys (AAPI), and the Stanislas de Boufflers Institute.
- - March 2019: "The current status of supplementary protection certificates, interpretation of Articles 3 a) and 3 c) of Regulation No 469/2009 in 2018, progress? " - Industrial Property Review
- - February 2017: "Patentability in France" - Lexology
- - February 2017: "Patent Enforcement through the Courts in France" - Lexology
- - April 2019: « Trademark law in France and Europe » - Senate - Institut Stanislas de Boufflers
- - October 2018: « News on patent law in France and Europe »
- - September 2014: « News of Industrial Property Law around drug », meeting organized by the ASPI (Association française des Spécialistes en Propriété Industrielle de l’industrie)