Personal assistant : Christine Thomas
Partner / Paris and Munich
Attorney at Law (Paris Bar)
- - ESSEC - MBA (MG56) - 2013-2014
- - LL.M. Cornell University - 1996
- - Paris Bar - 1993
- - Master (DEA) in Intellectual Property (University of Paris II) - 1992
- - Master in Law (University of Paris II) - 1991
Caroline is Managing Partner.
She is specialized in patents, trademarks and other IP rights litigations. She has more than 20 years of experience in all intellectual property fields from counselling to litigation. She commenced her career with Paul Mathely the most famous French IP litigator from the 60th to the end of the 90th, and then joined Pennie & Edmonds in New York City prior to practicing with Casalonga & Associés, as a French and European Trademark Attorney.
She advises large French and International companies on protecting and defending their intellectual property rights in different sectors including electronics, automobile equipment, pharmaceutical goods, and consumer products.
She pleads before French Courts on all types of IP matters, including patents, trademarks, designs and copyright infringement and cancellation actions, unfair competition and distribution network actions.
She is recognized as one of the French leaders in Intellectual Property and is cited by the European Legal Experts Magazine and the Legal 500.
She regularly speaks at national and international conferences. She is a member of the INTA, the LES and the AIPPI. She is a member of the ECTA council and anti-counterfeiting committee.
She is a member of numerous profession organisations such as the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Properyt (AIPPI), the French Association of Trade Mark and Design Law (APRAM), the European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA) for which she is member of the council and anti-counterfeiting committee, the International Trademark Association (INTA), the Licencing Executive Society (LES France), IPSKI and the organisation Coalition Against Piracy Intellectual Property (CAPIP).
- - 2014: Co-author of article “The hatchet is buried between LVMH and ebay: Overview of the ebay saga” – E-commerce Law Reports – The Practitioners’ Guide to E-commerce Case Law – Volume 14, Issue 04
- - 2008-2014: Articles “Anti-counterfeiting in the EU” - Trademark Review Anti-Counterfeiting
- - 2013: Contribution “How patents are enforced in France? Questions & Answers” – Patents in Europe
- - 2013: Co-author of article “Penning a deal” - www.intellectualpropertymagazine.com
- - 2012: Article “Protecting brands online – France” – European Lawyer Reference, First edition 2012
- - 2012: Co-author of article “The liability battle over online video-sharing platforms” – www.intellectualpropertymagazine.com
- - 2011: Article “Opinion of the Advocate General in the Painer Case” – Intellectual Property Magazine
- - 2009: Co-author French chapter Trademark Practice and Forms - Oceana, New-York
- - 2005-2006: Chapter on the Community Trademark - World Trademark Law Report Yearbook
- - 2002: Article on the Community Trademark - Stratégies
- - December 2013: “UPC mock trial - Act 2: Electronic Patent Litigation” - 8th Edition of IP Summit – Paris - France
- - March 2013: Seminar “New European Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court”– Palo Alto (USA)
- - 2009: Conference on Community Trademark and anti-counterfeiting - IPIC Annual Meeting
- - January 2006: Course on European copyright (Master in IP) - Swiss Institute of Technology (ETH - Zurich)
- - May 2003: Conference on Internet piracy – Cannes Festival
- - December 2002: Conference on the Community Trademark Opposition Procedure – APRAM
- - October 2002: Conference comparing the International trademark and the CTM trademark - Practicing Law Institute New York
- - May 2002: Conference on the Community Trademark and the International Trademark – INTA
- - March 2002: Conference on registered Community Designs - AIPPI Tokyo / NYSBA New York
Active participation to the AIPPI Working Committee on question 208 on border measures and other measures of customs intervention against infringers
French, English, German