Personal assistant : Bernadette d’Ambrosi
Partner / Paris
Attorney at Law (Paris Bar)
- - Paris Bar examination – 2002
- - Master in law (Paris University Pantheon Sorbonne)
Marianne Gabriel has almost 20 years of experience as a French lawyer specialized in patents, trademarks, Designs and other IP rights litigation. She became partner of Casalonga in 2010.
She advises major French and foreign companies for protecting and defending their Intellectual Property rights (patents, trademarks, designs, copyright, domain names, internet and unfair competition) and regularly pleads before the courts.
She is particularly involved in complex national and international litigation and cases in the pharmaceutical, chemical, mechanical and telecommunications fields.
She has a strong experience in the definition and the coordination of IP strategies, including the implementation of strategic choices and orientations, during asset transfers (audits, due diligence, acquisitions, mergers, etc.), during the drafting and negotiation of contracts (assignments, licenses, transfers of Know-how, partnerships, confidentiality agreements, research and development agreements, etc.) and for the purposes of dispute resolution.
Adjunct teaching / Professional organisations
Marianne Gabriel teaches drug law in the framework of the Master 2 Industrial property and health innovations at the University Paris VIII and regularly participates as speaker in IP conferences.
She actively participates in many professional associations: French Association of Trademark and Design Law (APRAM), Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), French Association of Industrial Property Attorneys (AAPI), Association of European Patent Practioners (APEB), International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), French Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AFPPI), Licensing Executive Society (LES France), Stanislas de Boufflers Institute.
- - April 2020: "The fight against Covid-19 and the Off-label prescription of known specialties" – LinkedIn
- - March 2020: "Your contracts towards the Covid-19 epidemic" – LinkedIn
- - March 2019: "The current status of supplementary protection certificates, interpretation of Articles 3 a) and 3 c) of Regulation No 469/2009 in 2018, progress?" – Industrial Property Review
- - February 2017: "Patentability in France" – Lexology
- - February 2017: "Patent Enforcement through the Courts in France" – Lexology
- - April 2016: "Focus on the innovations of the civil law reform" – Industrial Property Review
- - November 2020: "Patents Seminars of Boufflers" – Institut Stanislas de Boufflers
- - April 2019: "Trademark law in France and Europe" – Senate – Institut Stanislas de Boufflers
- - October 2018: "News on patent law in France and Europe" – Institut Stanislas de Boufflers
- - September 2014: "News of Industrial Property Law around drug" – ASPI (Association française des Spécialistes en Propriété Industrielle de l’industrie) – Conference on provisional prohibitions and compensation of damage