Partner / Alicante
Attorney-at-law (Alicante Bar)
European Trademark and Design Attorney
Personal assistant : Emmanuelle Hutet
- - IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 lead Auditor for quality management systems – 2018
- - Admitted to the Paris Bar – 1995
- - Master in Trademarks, Patents and Designs (University of Alicante) – 1995
- - Post-graduate degree in Private International Law and International Trade (Paris II University) – 1994
- - Diploma in Public International Law (Institut des Hautes Etudes Internationales) (Paris) – 1994
- - French Language and Civilization (Paris University) – 1993
- - Law degree at the University of Alicante (Spain) – 1992
Prior to joining CASALONGA & ASSOCIÉS in 1999, Cristina worked in the Banking Sector.
She is managing the Alicante Office and became partner in 2015.
Cristina is a Member of the Alicante Bar since 1994 and was admitted to the Paris Bar in 1995. She represents clients before the Spanish Courts and the European Court of Justice in European UnionTrademarks and Designs matters.
She is in charge of all legal matters concerning European Union Trademarks and Community Designs before the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante as well as for Spanish Industrial Property rights before the Spanish Patent and Trademarks Office.
Cristina represents clients in diverse industries including the pharmaceutical, medical and chirurgical sectors, as well as clothing, financial services and telecommunications areas.
Adjunct teaching / Profesionnal organisations
Since 2011, Cristina teaches at the Europan Union Trademark’s Module of the Magister Lucentinus in Industrial Property at the Alicante University.
She is actively involved in the European Community Trademarks Association (ECTA), where she has served as Chair of the Law Committee, and is currently a Member of the Supervisory Board, a Member of the Harmonization Committee and Secretary of the EUIPO Link Committee. She is also active in the International Trademarks Association (INTA), where she has been a Member of the EUIPO Committee, Legislation Committee (Europe) and is currently a Member of the Enforcement Committee. She is also a Member of the Asociación de Antigüos Alumnos del Magister Lucentinus (AAA) and a Member of the Executive Board of the Industrial Property Section of the Alicante Bar.
- - 2004-2014: Section on European Union Trademark Law - World Trademark Law Report Yearbook
- - 2012-2014: Various articles for the China Trademark Association in European Union Trademark Law and practice uptdates
- - 2008-2013: Article “Landmark IP decisions of the European Court of Justice” - Larcier
- - May 22, 2019: "The abolishment of the graphical representation: non traditional- marks" – INTA Annual Meeting in Boston
- - May 20, 2019: TM5 present developments and research on bad faith trademark filings – INTA Annual Meeting in Boston
- - June 16, 2018: "Brexit: consequences for IP rights" – ECTA Annual Conference in Athens
- - November 7, 2017: "New relative grounds, not really new. New absolute grounds" – IP international forum, EUIPO
- - September 23, 2016: "La reforma del sistema europeo de marcas: evolucion no revolucion" – Specialist Seminar on Industrial and Intellectual Property Law in Santiago de Compostela
- - October 15, 2015: "Speak your mind. Public speaking gets personal" – INTA Trademark Administrators and Practitioners (TMAP) Meeting in Alicante
- - June 16, 2013: "Evidence of use of European Union trademarks in the European Union" – Chinese trademark festival, Chinese trademark Attorneys Association Annual Meeting in Dalian (China)
Spanish (native), French, English