Partner / Munich
European Patent Attorney
- - Diploma on “Patent litigation in Europe” (Strasbourg University) - 2014
- - Intellectual Property Law for Patent Attorneys, Open University Hagen/Germany – 1994
- - Diplom-Physiker (Univ.), Würzburg/ Germany - 1988
- - Master of Arts (Physics)/ State University of New York at Buffalo/ U.S.A. - 1986
Jürgen Neugebauer began his professional career in 1989 as research engineer at Uvex Winter Optik GmbH and worked in projects related to laser safety goggles and processing of carbon reinforced plastic composite materials.
In 1993 he became a patent attorney trainee in a Munich based patent law firm which he then joined to become a partner in 1997.
He joined the Munich based office CASALONGA & PARTNERS in 2008 and became a partner in 2010.
He drafts and prosecutes patent applications before the European Patent Office and the German Patent and Trademark Office, mainly in the fields of physics, optical engineering, laser physics, mechanical engineering, semiconductor physics, electrical engineering, medical device technology and tire manufacturing.
He also acts in opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO and in litigation and nullity actions before the pertinent German authorities.
He also represents clients in trademark and design cases before the GPTO and EUIPO.
Jürgen Neugebauer is member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI Deutschland), the European Patent Institute (epi), the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI), the Deutschland, Bundesverband deutscher Patentanwälte, the GRUR (Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht), and the VPP (Vereinigung von Fachleuten des Gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes).
- - December 2013: “UPC mock trial - Act 2: Electronic Patent Litigation” - 8th Edition of IP Summit – Paris - France
He frequently speaks at various JPAA (Japan Patent Attorneys Association) study groups on European Patent Law in Tokyo, Japan.
German (native), English, French